top of page

ABOUT CHOW NANDA MEMORIAL SCHOOL

ABOUT THE FOUNDER.

 

The school was founded by the late Mrs. Ikshima Namchoom on April 28th, 1989. Due to the lack of good educational institutions in the area and having to send her four children off to boarding school, she decided to start a school. She wanted to provide good quality education for the children of the community.

With limited funds but tremendous courage, she started the school in her own residential premise with just two teachers and twenty students. Her vision was humble and unassuming, she wanted to provide quality education which is affordable to every child. She chose to name the school after the memory of her father-in-law, Chow Nanda, who was a respected leader and social worker in the community. Mrs. Ikshima Namchoom was a strong and determined woman who tirelessly dedicated herself to the success of her school.

 

Over the last 25 years, the school has grown tremendously, moving to its current location in 1992. From its first count of 20 students, the school now has a strength of about 400 students, with alumni scattered in various parts of the country. 

Affiliation

The School is owned and run by the Chow Nanda Memorial Society, a Charitable and Education trust registered in 1993. The School is registered under section 3 of the Societies Registration Act 1860 vide order no SR/ITA/243.

The Chow Nanda Memorial School is affiliated to the Central board Of Secondary Education, New Delhi (CBSE) since 1998 bearing affiliation No. 2230013 and the school no. is 05857. In the year 1995, the school was recognized by the Directorate of Public Instruction, Arunachal Pradesh and upgraded to the Secondary level. 

bottom of page